Last September 22nd, the Optimization Plan for the use of analgesics opioids in the treatment of non-oncological chronic pain was approved within the Spanish National Health System.
The Health Minister, Carolina Darias, has detailed the 5 fundamentals on which this Plan is based:
* Optimization of prescription.
* Improving the use and strengthening of pharmacotherapeutic monitoring.
* Optimization of addiction management.
* Improving communication with patients and raising public awareness.
* Consumption surveillance.
This Plan follows the recommendations of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), addressing the need for optimization of medical prescribing to avoid possible situations of inappropriate use of this type of medication.
Read more information here.